Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wow Sonia! Sorry to hear about ur bod going on strike. :-( You better show that body who it worx for! Lol! But your post brings up a good point:

It's important we take care of our bodies while we train. I don't know about you all, but I ain't no spring chicken! I went to a chiropractor last week and got a much needed adjustment, and he even stretched me out. The next day I went running and found my workout was much easier! I was able to push two miles easily--and that was after kickboxing! My chiropractor told me not only was my spine compressed, but a few of my rib-heads (where the rib bones meet the spine) were out of place. This is what was causing the decrease in my lung capacity. I have to go for a few more sessions, and afterwards I should be in tip-top shape. He only charges $25 per session; so if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll pass on his contact info. He's in Smyrna.

I'm also going to start back going to Hot Yoga to increase my flexibility. I used to be able to do Yoga once or twice a week and maintain my flexibility. Not anymore. Man, this getting old thing sux! But I told myself, this is my first time training for a marathon event. Now that I've embarked on this I want to be that 65 year old person still doing marathons or triatholons and have them do a story about me--LOL!

Happy training ladies! Take care of your body--do something special for it like treat it to the spa! :-)

gH

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Gia! I am going to be doing a post on the importance of resting your body and injury prevention. I agree with you on treating your body right and reaping the benefits. I rested last week except for my match and was able to get a really good run in today! I did 5 miles, 4.5 straight running and i actually felt good the whole way! Amazing what a little rest will do for you! :)

    ReplyDelete