Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Training to Date

I have had every intention of getting up in the morning and doing Pilates or an in door walk, but haven't been able to roll out of bed. Then I've made all kinds of excuses in the evening (classic I'm too tired and my husband expects me to fix dinner...) Well let me just say, I woke up this morning with exercise and walking on my mind. I got out of bed, put on some workout clothes, old tennis, and went downstairs to do an exercise DVD. I am very happy to say that I completed a 3 mile walk. HURRAY!!!!! : - ) What a way to get started. I feel so good already and I'm highly motivated. Maybe one day, when it isn't too cold outside, some of us can go walk at the Chattahochee River (3.1 miles around) or walk (run for those who are running) at Silver Comet trail, or even rotate neighborhoods. What do you all think? Well, I guess I better buy shoes for the run/walk now, so I can break them in. Hope everyone stays motivated. I like to remember that slow and steay wins the race! - Shay

1 comment:

  1. YEAH, SHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON WITCHA BAD SELF!! I'm definitely feeling a group run/walk at Chatahoochee or Silver Comet. Let's do it!!

    ReplyDelete