Monday, January 18, 2010

Saturday worked out at the gym with kickboxing. The cardio sucked but the ab session at the end was the bomb! Then went outside for a run. Man! I really need to do some work to increase my lung capacity! I had to run-walk two miles and that was all I had in me! This week, I'm going to add some pool workouts into my routine, increase my cardio, and decrease strength training (so I'll have less muscle bulk to lug around the track :-) My goal is to get to at least two miles straight thru by the end of the week.

Shay--I like your idea--and I'm down for either one. Perhaps we should do them all. Meet at the Chattohootchee River Walk, the Silver Comet Trail, and the subdivisions most conducive to running/walking (I like your subdivision bc it's hilly--that's prob most similar to how the actual walk will be--and will give us some MAJOR toning to our buns and thighs! ;-)

Happy training ladies!
gH

4 comments:

  1. G-

    You did kickboxing and then ran/walked 2 miles. I say that's pretty doggone good. I remember those kickboxing sessions (at the gym and with TaeBo). To do anyother cardio afterwards would have dropped me to my knees. Good work!

    My subdivision has some very steep hills. I tried to conquer one last year, but stopped at the bottom. I just didn't have the "want" to try. We do have some pretty level places also. I plan to drive around my "Loop" to see how far it is. I know it is at least 1 mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Ladies i have been busy the last few days. But i did 2 days of crossfit workouts and steady on my runs trying to get 2 miles in 5days a week.. took the day off today. the weather looks to be nice this week look forward to runnung outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are ON it!! I am SO prous of us! Let's keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and the subdivision is a nice idea with the variation in hills...let's try that in addition to the parks!

    ReplyDelete