Tuesday, January 26, 2010

53 days...Really?!!

Ok, ladies. It has taken me about 30 minutes to figure out how to post on this website. I am NOT ashamed, although I probably should be. But since I still purchase a calendar with fun facts in the back every year from Target when school starts, this is par for the course. :)

I am so happy that everyone is getting out there and making a real effort with this. 13. 1 miles is no joke! But, we can do this! :) And as a person who took the bar so many times that the proctors and lunch ladies started to high five me when I walked through the door, giving up is NOT an option! :)

Now, that I have gotten the pep talk out of the way, let me be honest. My 6 mile run yesterday made me call on the 10lb sweet baby Jesus! lol I was like, "Now, is there a small child on my back?, Are my thighs growing so that I have my own little rain forest going on?, Is there a small panda bear sitting on my chest?" Geesh! The first 3 miles were cool but then I looked down and realized that I was running a 12 minute mile! What the hell?!! And ,you ladies that are able to run out in the cold are hardcore! Rock on with that! I certainly don't have the lung capacity for the thin air and I pray that March is humid like I am used to! :)

I know we are committed to pushing through our pain and our injuries to receive our medals, t-shirts and of course, the coveted 13.1 sticker that will go directly above my Obama/Biden sticker! Only "runners" even get it so get ready to make some new friends at the intersections and grocery store parking lots! :) And really, how hot are you to even be able to say you were able to do that? VERY HOT!! Work it ladies!!

Ciao!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok...I'm totally ok with the 12 minute mile! I'm at that exact pace! LOL! I keep saying to myself, endurance first, THEN speed (this is what all the training manuals keep telling me), but I have TOTALLY made peace with the fact that a 12 minute mile may just be what it is!! As long as I am MOVING, I will consider that a victory!!! :)

    ReplyDelete